Gender impact assessment has been both celebrated as a beacon of hope for the cause of gender equality and criticised as being ineffectual. More than 20 years of gender mainstreaming have demonstrated that equality governance with and through impact assessment is an intersectional and still evolving process. Arn T. Sauer’s study examines the instruments of gendered policy analysis and the conditions under which they are being used by the Canadian federal government and the European Commission. Interviews with experts from public administration and instrument designers as well as document analyses reveal benefits and challenges and show that the success of equality governance depends upon whether knowledge about gendered policy and appropriate administrative practices are embedded, embodied and entrenched in public administration.
- Invitation: Joint Session in Feminist Theory on Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- CfP: Gesellschaftliche Naturverhältnisse und globale Umweltkrise
- CfP: Dezembertagung „Un_beschreiblich weiblich“
- Gendered Perspective on the War in Ukraine
- Einladung Internationale Konferenz: Local Answers to Global Transitions – Challenges to Women’s and Gender Studies in Plurilocal Perspectives. Celebrating 20 Years of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Women’s and Gender Studies
Die Fachgesellschaft veröffentlicht auf ihrer Website auch Hinweise der Arbeitsgruppen und der Initiativen innerhalb der FG. Deshalb spiegeln die Hinweise nicht notwendigerweise Positionen oder Ziele der Fachgesellschaft wider.